Buy Best Liberty University THEO 313 Test 1
Buy Best Liberty University THEO 313 Test 1
- According to 1 Corinthians 15, Jesus’ __ set the precedent for a believer’s resurrection to eternal life.
- According to Eph 1:19-2:10, the power of God that raised Jesus from the dead raises believers in Christ from spiritual __ and energizes them to live a life of faith and obedience.
- All four canonical Gospels present Jesus Christ’s preexistence, birth, earthly ministry, death, and resurrection.
- All four canonical Gospels detail Jesus Christ’s crucifixion, death, and resurrection.
- Between Chalcedon (451) and the Reformation, Thomas Aquinas gave a great deal of attention to Jesus Christ’s __.
- In Romans 4-6, the apostle Paul emphasizes that Jesus’ __ and resurrection made it possible for sinners to be forgiven for their sins; be placed in a right relationship with God; experience the results of justification, and live a new life.
- In a letter to the emperor written c. 110, ___ referred to Christians who gathered before dawn on a particular day to chant hymns “to Christ as to a god” and to partake of a meal together.
- In addition to the canonical Gospels, extracanonical sources attest to the historical Jesus of Nazareth.
- John associates Jesus Christ with the eternal Logos.
- Luke traces Jesus’ genealogy to Adam to show Jesus’ relationship to all humanity.
- Monothelite, the view that Jesus Christ possessed ___ ___, was condemned at Chalcedon in 680.
- Multiple choice: Following his baptism and temptation in the wilderness, Jesus began his public ministry by proclaiming the ____ and calling people to repent and believe the gospel (Mk 1:15; Matt 4:17).
- One significant ramification of the New Testament documents being written within a couple of decades of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is that eyewitnesses were still alive and could confirm the accuracy of what was written.
- Paul emphasizes in Eph 1:19-2:10 that the very same resurrection power of the almighty God that raised Jesus from death is at work in those who believe in Jesus.
- Possibly the earliest post-NT heresy regarding the Person of Jesus, __ emphasized Jesus’ humanity to the neglect of his deity.
- Proposed it was necessary for God to subsume human nature via the incarnation in order to accomplish salvation for humanity.
- Proposed that the Logos replaced Jesus’ human mind/will.
- Select the Gospel that refers to Jesus Christ as the eternal Logos.
- Select the Jewish historian who referred to Jesus in two contexts (Ant. 18.3.3 and 20.9.1).
- Select the Roman historian who referred to the origin of the name Christian as coming from Christ who had been executed by Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius.
- Select the Roman who referred to the Jews whom Claudius expelled from Rome because, being instigated by Crassus (i.e., Christos), did not cease causing unrest.
- Select the correct definition of Bultmann’s practice of “demythologization.”
- Select the individual who referred to the execution of the wise king of the Jews.
- Select the notable proponent of Docetism who made a sharp distinction between Jesus and Christ.
- Select the notable proponent of Docetism who taught that Jesus Christ merely appeared to be human.
- Select the reference below that contains Jesus’ genealogy.
- Short Answer: How does John associate Jesus Christ with the eternal Logos?
- Short answer: Briefly describe the New Testament’s (especially the four Gospels) portrait of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Short answer: How did Jesus scholars shift focus during the first decade of the twentieth century?
- Short answer: How did John Calvin’s view of Christ’s presence in the Eucharist differ from the Roman Catholic view of transubstantiation?
- Short answer: What is one benefit gained by the Second Quest?
- Short answer: What is the goal of Third Questers?
- When he says that “the Son” does not know, he uses this divine title merely as a self-designation, and not to mean that what he says applies to himself in his divine nature. This is a possible explanation, but it can be charged with implying that natures know or do not know, whereas knowing and not knowing are properties of persons, not nature. To put it more simply, Jesus did not say, “My human nature does not know,” but rather said that he did not know.
- Short answer: What is the significant characteristic of the Third Quest?
- The First Quest for the historical Jesus (1778-1906) was characterized by a(n) __ bias.
- The __ was a major focus of Christological controversy during the Protestant Reformation.
- The canonical Gospels portray Jesus of Nazareth as a real historical person who died by crucifixion and rose from the dead.
- The orthodox solution regarding the two natures of Christ (divine and human) was reached during the Council of __ in 451.
- The view that Jesus Christ, while the Son of God, was the first created being.
- Third Questors describe Jesus in various ways based on their research into the historical and cultural context in which Jesus lived. Who describes Jesus as a Hasid, a Jewish holy man?
- What triggered the First Quest?
- Which Third Questor describes Jesus as a “marginal” Jew?
- Which Third Questor describes Jesus as a sage or embodiment of wisdom?
- Which Third Questor describes Jesus as an apocalyptic prophet?
- Who preferred the term Christotokos over Theotokos in reference to Mary, Jesus’ mother?
- Who referred to the phenomenon of darkness that occurred during Jesus’ crucifixion?
- Who wrote a satire entitled “The Passing of Peregrinus,” in which he refers to Christians as worshipping “the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced a new cult into the world”?
- __ made significant contributions to the debates surrounding the Person of Christ. One such contribution may be summed up in the statement, “what is not assumed is not redeemed.”
Need Help with Test?
Are your exams around the corner? Are you thinking, I need someone to take my online exam? Do you want someone to help you out in these dire times of yours? Welcome to getting Exam Done. We are an academic help service that connects professional academics to struggling students. We help students with their online exams by assisting them hands-on throughout the exam. It doesn’t matter what your subject is, we have experts in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s address your take my exam online worries. We are available 24/7. You can call us anytime, talk about your online exam problems, and get solutions. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486
The exam online at home is taken by professionals with extreme low pricing plans.More Than
Pay Someone To Do Your Online Test, Online Quiz, Courses, Online Exam, and Online Classes! Enroll Now