Buy Guided HSCO 506 Quiz 3
Buy Guided HSCO 506 Quiz 3
Quiz: Prayer and Christian Counseling
HSCO 506 Quiz 3
- The lectures talked about specific strategies for using the Bible in counseling. Which of the following would NOT be endorsed based on the lecture discussion?
- Although the lectures emphasized the importance of inside-out change, the lectures also explained the value of outside-in change. What is the function of dislocating experiences in the context of outside-in change?
- If we want our clients to “set the stage” for formative reading of scripture, what would we encourage them to do?
- The week 5 lecture talked about “depreciative desires” as a hindrance to reading Scripture for spiritual formation. What would be an example of that hindrance in the life of a client?
- Based on the week five lecture, what are some appropriate ways to use Scripture in counseling?
- The lectures talk about the “level of risk” that different forms of prayer introduce during counseling. What is true from that discussion?
- The lectures discussed using the METAMORPH grid by filling in the biblical references and spiritual formation columns. What is the purpose behind doing that?
- As a Christian counselor, I can use the Bible in an anthropological way. What would be an example of that in counseling?
- Which answer below best describes the statement: “We can always count on God’s Word, but we must be careful of our interpretations and applications,” (from the Five Potential Problems When Using the Bible in Christian Counseling lecture)?
- The lecture discussed the value of and some principles for using meditation in Christian counseling. Which of the following statements best corresponds with the lecture content?
- Some beginning Christian counselors may be tempted to quote a quick verse, or give an easy biblical solution without delving into deeper issues in the life of the client. What caution about using the Bible in counseling might that illustrate?
- According to the lectures, a guiding principle for using scripture in counseling is:
- The lecture defines the “Trinitarian Relationship in Counseling” as:
- In our Christian counseling, if we want to help our client read the Bible for spiritual formation, what is true?
- The lectures explained that comments by the lecturer about Christian counseling are in the “soul care” tradition, and as such, spiritual formation is emphasized. Which answer below would NOT be true of formative reading of the Bible, as discussed in the lecture?
- The lectures talked about several ways that Scripture could be used in counseling. Which of the following are legitimate ways to use Scripture with our clients?
- Healing prayer can best be described as
- In the context of the discussion on inside-out/outside-in change, the lecture used the term “condemnation engineering” as an example of a mechanism of outside-in change. What is an example of that mechanism?
- In the lecture-discussion on potential problems when using the Bible in counseling, the lecturer referred to “relying excessively on the Bible when other strategies might be more helpful to the client at that moment.” What “trap” may that quote illustrate?
- In the lecture discussion of prayer in Christian counseling, the definition of prayer focused more on connecting with God, rather than learning how to pray to get our petitions answered.
- Since the Bible promises that God’s word “will not come back void” any use of scripture in counseling will be beneficial to the client.
- Prayer helps us to get beyond the illusion that we are self-sufficient to move us to the reality that we are dependent on God.
- Similar to our consideration of using Scripture in Christian counseling, since prayer is a godly endeavor, we should always open up our counseling sessions with spoken prayer.
- A basic principle of prayer is that when we get closer to God, we also get closer to people as well.
- According to the lecture, helping a client change his/her behavior is never beneficial in producing true inner change.
- Christian meditation, in the context of spiritual counseling, may be incompatible with understanding what is going on.
- With regard to prayer and Christian counseling, the lecture refocused the question away from whether prayer should be a part of counseling, to a focus on what types of prayer minister best to our clients.
Need Help with Quiz?
TakeMyClassHelp.com provides online exam materials and wizards that include all the key elements that can help you achieve the most acceptable score. If you are looking for instant help to reduce stress, your exam solutions are just a click away. Professional tutoring enables Devoir to assist you in mastering your weakest subjects and achieving unprecedented results. We take note of your request for assistance with the on-site examination. Using our online exam assistance is all you need to do. An essay based on your course material will be written by our online exam help. Each solution you request will be provided. For custom, help email us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486