Buy Guided PLST 340 Quiz Discovery
Buy Guided PLST 340 Quiz Discovery
- Dorothy’s lawyer wants to learn more about her husband Ed’s online dating activity, given that it has contributed to the emotional distress she has suffered during the parties’ marriage. In a set of interrogatories, the attorney may ask Ed to provide which of the following?
- Initiatives undertaken by the federal government in shaping child support policies and procedures are designed to
- Which of the following methods of formal discovery can only be served on parties?
- Which of the following is likely to be the most expensive formal discovery method?
- When a party appears to be understating income and concealing assets related to his or her employment, such as bonuses, pensions, and “perks” (paid parking spaces, etc.), the opposing party may discover such potentially hidden assets in which of the following ways?
- In which of the following discovery methods is response time most critical, given the consequences of a failure to comply?
- Which of the following statements is TRUE with respect to the Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Support Act (UIFSA)?
- Rene and Angela had been married for seven years and had a 5-year-old son, Pierre. When they divorced, Angela was granted physical custody, and Rene had “reasonable” visitation rights. Rene was very unhappy with the custody award and, during one of his “visits”, took Pierre and returned with him to his native France without the consent of either Angela or the court. Which of the following may be most helpful to Angela, whose son has been wrongfully removed from the United States?
- Jean is getting a divorce from Matty and is really overwhelmed by all the paperwork, especially the financial statement her lawyer says she has to complete. Her lawyer is most likely to tell her which of the following?
- Which of the following is NOT true with respect to child support?
- Klara is getting divorced from her husband, Grover, and tells her lawyer that she wants to get enough child support from her ex-husband to buy a new house for their three minor children, herself, and her new boyfriend. Her lawyer is likely to tell her all BUT which one of the following?
- Hayden is getting divorced and is confused about how to deal with custody and visitation. When she asks her lawyer about the kind of parenting schedule she should seek in her upcoming divorce action, her lawyer is least likely to tell her which of the following?
- Dana and Daryl are not living together and never married, but they have a son, Wayne, who is 5 years old. Daryl has acknowledged that he is Wayne’s father, and he has been voluntarily paying Dana $75 to help out with Wayne’s care–an amount higher than he would have to pay under the applicable guidelines. Although he wants to visit his son, Daryl has been transferred to a job in another state and now finds it hard to travel to see him more than once a month. Dana is concerned he will stop paying child support. Which of the following statements is true with respect to this case?
- Discovery is usually used in family law cases to seek information relating to:
- Roberto and Isabella lived in California during their brief four year marriage. One year ago, they decided to divorce, and Isabella moved to Oklahoma with their 2-year-old daughter, Kristina. They have lived there since that time. Under the UCCJEA, the priority ground for original jurisdiction in this interstate child custody cases will be:
- The United States Supreme Court held in the Palmore v. Sidoti case that which of the following may not be used as the sole factor in determining what will be in a child’s best interests?
- Which of the following statements is TRUE with respect to the differences between child support and spousal support?
- Sally is claiming that she is unable to work and pay child and spousal support to her husband because she has a debilitating terminal disease, but she does not want to talk about the details of her illness. Her husband’s attorney is most likely to tell him which of the following?
- Peter Paralegal recently got a job in a family law practice after working in a district attorney’s office for several years. He has asked his supervising attorney to give him a basic orientation regarding child support guidelines. The supervisor is likely to tell him all EXCEPT which one of the following?
- Len and Susan have a daughter, Melody. Susan has physical custody and Len has visitation specified in a parenting plan. Len is delinquent in his child support payments, often returns Melody to her mother late after visits, and on other occasions, fails to show up for scheduled visits. Which of the following is Susan’s lawyer most likely to recommend?
- A federally mandated Title IV-D agency provides which of the following services?
- Which of the following statements is NOT true with respect to discovery?
- Laura is separated from her husband, Josh, who is serving a five year sentence in prison for possession and intent to distribute drugs. They have a 3-year-old daughter and a 2-year-old son. Laura hires a lawyer and tells her she does not think Josh has much money, but that she needs child support. The lawyer is likely to tell Laura which one of the following?
- Andrea wants to seek a deviation in the child support amount resulting from the application of the guidelines. She thinks her daughter’s father should have to pay a higher amount of child support for the following reasons. Which of the reasons is the court likely to agree with, if any?
- Which of the following standards provides that custodial responsibilities of parents at dissolution should be allocated in a manner that is basically the same as the proportion of time each parent spent caring for the child when the family was intact?
- Ivette and Shawn are getting divorced. Shawn wants custody of their teenage daughter, and Ivette wants custody of their son who has never bonded with his father. If Shawn has sole custody of the daughter, and Ivette has sole custody of their son, the parents will be said to have:
- Under what circumstances can a child support order be modified?
- Which of the following factors must be considered by a court making custody decisions in virtually all states?
- Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding the respective rights of grandparents and biological parents in custody and visitation contests?
- Assuming that an opposing party has actively been buying and selling stocks and concealing the proceeds, which of the following would be the best means of informal discovery to confirm the existence of this hidden asset?
Need a Guide to Quiz?
Get Exam Done provides online professional assistance for in-state students. Our online classroom help service covers everything from assignments, discussions, and quizzes to tests We employ qualified subject matter experts to assist our students So whether you’re working on an assignment or want to take a quiz, we’ve got you covered. Our online Teas tests help work day and night on your projects and solve all the problems you face Our online course service is also affordable Get help with our online courses today and start your journey to the grades you want!