Buy New Liberty University OBST 650 Quiz 4
Buy New Liberty University OBST 650 Quiz 4
- Genesis 25:12-18 provides the toledo for which of the following figureheads?
- Isaac’s entreaty of the Lord concerning the barrenness of his wife helps establish and continue the theme that God is the one who is being called upon for deliverance or relief.
- The oracle of God revealed to Rebekah, even while the twins were in her womb, that two nations/tribes would result from this pregnancy.
- Jacob owed his supremacy to the natural order and human will.
- Which people group is connected to Esau and so named for his “red-brown” appearance?
- According to Allen Ross, the name “Jacob” likely had a positive connotation at the time of the naming.
- The names given to Jacob and Esau are only descriptive of these two individuals –they have little to no implications for their offspring and the tribes they formed.
- Which of the following individuals could be described as rough, wild, boisterous, and impulsive?
- While the text explains the reason behind Isaac’s favoritism of Esau, no such explanation is given for Rebekah’s favoritism for Jacob. Her favoritism is simply asserted.
- The irony is witnessed in the selling of the birthright narrative when Esau, a hunter who is able to skillfully catch his prey, is.
- Jacob proves to be a man who lives for the moment, showing no concern about the cost.
- Which of the following characters has at least one episode of deception/manipulation in their life’s story?
- One of the many parallels between Abraham and Isaac (witnessed in Genesis 26:1-11) is that they are both permitted to sojourn in Egypt during a famine.
- Which of the following provisions of God confirmed that Isaac was the true recipient of the Abrahamic blessings in Genesis 26:12-33?
- Isaac’s struggle for water ends when he moves out of town and digs a safe well. He calls this well saying, “for now the Lord has made room for us…”
- Most people argue that at the time of Genesis 27, Isaac was at least years old.
- Jacob’s hesitancy to comply with his mother’s plan of deception can best be explained in light of his impeccable moral character.
- Which of the following was NOT an element of the blessing that Isaac mistakenly gave to Jacob?
- According to Allen Ross, a comparison can be made between Cain and Abel and Esau and Jacob. In both cases, the older brother became angry over the younger brother’s possession of God’s blessing.
- The bestowal of Isaac’s blessing upon Jacob demonstrates divine approval for how Jacob obtained the blessing.
- Abimelech instituted a protective law for Isaac and his wife.
- Although Isaac could have easily retracted his accidental blessing of Jacob and bestowed it on Esau, he chose not to do so.
- The dream Jacob had at Bethel and the fight at Peniel are examples of what Allen Ross calls.
- Which of the following provides the best explanation for why Jacob left Beersheba for Haran?
- One of the important revelations made in Jacob’s vision in Genesis 28:10-22 is the guarantee he received that the blessings first promised to Abraham extended to him.
- Which of the following connotations is associated with “fear” as it is used in the Book of Genesis?
- Which of the following important biblical motifs/themes is established in Genesis 28:16-17
- Which of the following elements was part of Jacob’s response to his vision in Genesis 28?
- According to Allen Ross, Laban’s deception in the case of Jacob’s marriages is a demonstration of the principle that states “you reap what you sow.”
- There are no parallels between Genesis 24’s description of Isaac and Rebekah’s meeting and Genesis 29’s description of Jacob and Rachel’s meeting.
- According to Allen Ross, the painful experience of deception Jacob endured at the hands of Laban was, in part, God’s rebuke of Jacob for deceiving his father to obtain the blessing.
- Judah is the firstborn son of Leah.
- Which of the following children were born to maids in Jacob’s house (not Leah or Rachel)?
- Rachel named her first son “Joseph” which means.
- Jacob’s flight to Canaan in Genesis 31 was motivated in part by the increasing animosity he sensed from Laban’s family
- Genesis reveals that while God’s people were aware of the presence of angels, they never saw them with their own eyes.
- According to Allen Ross, the gifts that Jacob offered Esau in Genesis 32 were unnecessary.
- It is clear to Jacob from the beginning of his struggle with the mysterious assailant that he is fighting with God.
- Jacob’s new name–“Israel”–means which of the following?
- Which of the following describes the implications of Jacob’s encounter with God at Peniel?
- Upon seeing his brother Jacob in Genesis 33, Esau races to embrace him and welcome him.
- According to Allen Ross, the way that Jacob prepares to meet Esau upon seeing his brother’s caravan helps plant the seeds of jealousy that will germinate later in Genesis 37.
- The fallout of the reconciliation between Jacob and Esau demonstrates that true reconciliation requires communal living thereafter.
- The defilement of Dinah was not just a problem for her; it was an issue for Jacob’s family.
- What is the name of the follower of Jacob who died and was buried at the base of an oak tree?
- Which of the following is true of the birth of Benjamin?
- Esau took wives from the daughters of Canaan
- Jacob and Esau reconciled in time to bury their father together.
- In all, how many different women mothered Jacob’s children?
- Isaac and Jacob both find a wife around a well.
Want to Purchase Quiz?
We are aware of the dire circumstances facing students. We have you covered if you are wondering, “Can I pay someone to do my exam?” When it comes to exams, students cannot take any chances because time is of the essence. We have changed our hours of operation to 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in response to student concerns about pay someone to take my exam right now. On your order, our professionals work around the clock. In addition, our customer service representatives are available 24/7 to answer your questions about hiring someone to take my exam. Get support for your online class, exam, and course by getting Exam Done.