Download New ENGL 322 Exam 1
Download New ENGL 322 Exam 1
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth: “Thou hast it now: king, Cawdor, Glamis, all, / As the weird women promised, and, I fear, / Thou play’dst most foully for’t…”
- Name the famous Roman historical figure Hamlet says might now be so much clay patching “a hole to keep the wind away”?
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet: “O, what a noble mind is here o’erthrown! / The courtier’s, soldier’s, scholar’s, eye, tongue, sword; / The expectancy and rose of the fair state, / The glass of fashion and the mold of form, / The observed of all observers, quite, quite down!”
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth act 4, scene 3: “Fit to govern! / No, not to live. O nation / miserable, / With an untitled tyrant bloody-scepter’d, / When shalt thou see thy wholesome days again . . .”
- King Claudius tells Laertes he will not execute Hamlet because the prince is . . .
- What Renaissance historian did Shakespeare consult for the plot of Macbeth?
- What play does Hamlet ask the players to perform at the end of act 2 (that will be performed with Hamlet’s modifications in act 3)?
- In Macbeth’s second meeting (in act 4) with the weird sisters, they conjure up 3 apparitions with 3 prophecies. Name the third apparition and its corresponding pro-piece. (And do not consider the prophecy concerning Banquo & his heirs.)
- What foreign country is attacking Scotland at the beginning of Macbeth?
- Who is the pagan deity of the night that the weird sisters invoke in Macbeth?
- From act 4, scene 3 of Macbeth, name the second of Malcolm’s specific “sins” that he gives to Macduff as a “reason” why he should not be king.
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet: “For Hecuba! / What’s Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba, / That he should weep for her? What / would he do, / Had he the motive and the cue for passion / That I have?”
- Do scholars know that Shakespeare based Hamlet on a previously existing and popular Elizabethan play? Name the playwright.
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet act 5: “Not a whit, we defy augury: there’s a special / providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it is now, / ’tis not to come; if it is not to come, it will be / now; if it is not now, yet it will come: the / readiness is all.”
- The traitorous Scottish thane from Act I, sc. ii whose title goes to Macbeth is the Thane of . . .
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth act 5: “…this, and what needful else / That calls upon us, by the grace of Grace, / We will perform in measure, time and place.”
- To what country does King Claudius send Hamlet to have him executed?
- In Macbeth’s second meeting (in act 4) with the weird sisters, they conjure up 3 apparitions with 3 prophecies. Name the second apparition and its corresponding prophecy. (And do not consider the prophecy concerning Banquo & his heirs.)
- From act 4, scene 3 of Macbeth, name the first of Malcolm’s specific “sins” that he gives to Macduff as a “reason” why he should not be king.
- While he is being sent abroad (to be executed), Hamlet alters the letter from Claudius to the king of that country so that some other person(s) will be executed instead. Who?
- At the end of act 2, scene 3 of Macbeth, what character flees to England?
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet act 5: “Now cracks a noble heart. / Good night sweet prince: / And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!”
- To whom does Hamlet give his “dying voice” as successor to the throne of Denmark?
- In the following quotation, to whom is Horatio referring: “Such was the very armor he had on / When he ambitious Norway combated; / So frowned he once, when, in an angry parle, / He smote the sledded Polacks on the ice. / ‘Tis strange.”
- Claudius exclaims in act 4, scene 5, “Where are my Switzers!” What is “Switzers”?
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth in this quotation: “Come, you spirits / That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, / And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full / Of direst cruelty!”
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth in this quotation: “No, this my hand will rather / The multitudinous seas incarnadine, / Making the green one red.”
- After Duncan’s murder, Lady Macbeth declares, “A little __________ clears of the deed.”
- In act 1, scene 2 of Hamlet, we find that Hamlet has been attending school at a famous university. Name it.
- Choose the speaker from Macbeth act 5: “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, / Creeps in this petty pace from day to day / To the last syllable of recorded time . . .”
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet: “O, my offense is rank it smells to heaven; / It hath the primal eldest curse upon’t, / A brother’s murder. Pray, can I not, / Though the inclination is as sharp as will…”
- Who is Macduff speaking of here (from Act II, sc. iii): “O horror, horror, horror! Tongue nor heart / Cannot conceive nor name thee!”
- What country threatens Denmark at the beginning of Hamlet as evidenced in Marcellus’s question, “Why this same strict and most observant watch / So nightly toils the subject of the land, / And why the such daily cast of brazen cannon [?]”?
- Whom does Hamlet kill in act 3 when he cries, “How now? A rat? Dead for a ducat, dead!”?
- In act 5, who is Hamlet speaking to when he says the following? “Forty thousand brothers / Could not with all their quantity of love / Make up my sum.”
- In Macbeth’s second meeting with the weird sisters, they conjure up 3 apparitions with 3 prophecies. Name the first apparition and its corresponding prophecy. (And do not consider the prophecy concerning Banquo & his heirs.)
- “Inact2,scene1ofMacbeth,whatisMacbethtalkingaboutinthefollowinglines? “I have thee not, and yet I see thee still. / Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible / To feeling as to sight?”
- In Hamlet, in what country is Laertes when he hears of his father’s death?
- Name the king mentioned in act 4, scene 3 of Macbeth, whose hands heal and who leaves a “holy benediction” to “succeeding royalty.”
- Choose the speaker from Hamlet: “Cut off even in the blossoms of my sin, / Unhousel’d, disappointed, unpeeled, / No reckoning made but sent to my account / With all my imperfections on my head.”
Need to Buy Exam?
Are you a struggling student who is not able to cope with the pressure is handling in case of taking online tests due to various other activities? Or are you finding it very complicated to finish the given tests promptly with some good grades? Don’t worry, Examshelpers can help you in this situation! The TakeMyClassHelp.com service provider is the best quality of services you can avail of today for the betterment of your future and for the perfect arrangement of premium-level of test-taking services on your behalf. We have been consistently providing outstanding help to each & every student who is looking for affordable, reliable, and qualitative services in a timely manner. Whether it is about test issues or exam-related issues, you are facing, we can cover all by paying someone to take my online test services on the go. The Online Test Help query is solved here quickly. Just call us or mail us, and we will be there to bring some professional quality exam-taking services with a money-back guarantee, therefore you will have nothing to drop. Pay to do an online exam now.