Get Best HSCO 508 Midterm
Get Best HSCO 508 Midterm
- According to Petersen, the first step to avoid a Flat-Brain Tango is to notice the “thud” and not defend oneself.
- Schultze and Badzinski define listening as
- Petersen’s technique of Both Hands
- The following are components of communication competence,:
- According to Petersen, an important aspect of para-feeling is distinguishing between appropriate and inappropriate feelings.
- Augustine identified two elements of lying: and.
- To help a talker realize the strength of his or her emotions, Petersen recommends a technique called
- Letting a person know it is okay for him or her to think and feel the way he or she does in an accepting, supporting, non-argumentative, and the non-judgmental way is referred to as acknowledging.
- According to Schultze and Badzinski, disagreements become conflicts because of differences in
- Schultze and Badzinski refer to multitasking as a
- The Hebrew term for proper justice and fulfilling peace is
- The statement, “I feel that you spend too much time on your phone” is problematic, because it confuses thoughts and feelings.
- Peterson argues that differentiating thoughts and feelings and taking ownership of both promotes the following,:
- Which phenomenon is associated with unrealistic expectations, critical and judgmental attitudes, destructive communication patterns, and disappointment?
- Which of the following is not “off-limits” for a talker, according to Petersen?
- Schultze and Badzinski’s views on interpersonal conflicts include:
- In his Flat-Brain Theory of Emotions, which functions does Petersen describe to illustrate the center of emotions?
- Which of the following is not “off-limits” for a listener, according to Petersen?
- Schultze and Badzinski maintain that if we truly forgive, the relationship will inevitably be restored.
- Petersen suggests that “if we take turns, that is, focus on one point of view at a time, we literally can’t .”
- According to a quote by Steven Covey, “most people do not listen with the intent to
- Schultze and Badzinski suggest, “from a biblical perspective, interpersonal communication is meant to be as well as .”
- The following are signs of poor listening,:
- The main purpose of using para-thinking is to
- Which of the following is not a marriage-destroying habit identified by Gottman?
- Schultze and Badzinski’s view on forgiveness is that it is most closely associated with
- The process of checking if what we heard and understood is what the speaker meant to say is referred to as
- Petersen uses this term to describe a communicator who uses our story as a springboard to share their story.
- The purpose of Petersen’s Play Detective technique is to
- Which is not a component of true communication identified by Schultze and Badzinski?
- Because conflict can destroy a relationship over time, conflict management is usually insufficient.
- Because openness is risky, Petersen stresses a listener must provide
- According to Schultze and Badzinski, every person has a self-identity and a(n)
- These are aspects of a courtroom culture, as described by Petersen, except:
- A common problem when we seek to reflect—or repeat accurately—what we hear is that we insert our own bias or point of view.
- Throughout Chapter 1, Schultze and Badzinski link gratitude to
- According to Petersen, when we give advice in an attempt to provide a solution, the following occurs,:
- Schultze and Badzinski link encouragement to these outcomes, except:
- When encountering a person who is unwilling to take turns, Petersen recommends the listener forfeits his or her right to talk.
- The following are the benefits of self-disclosure,:
- The chain reaction described as Flat-Brain Syndrome begins with
- Petersen’s view is that practicing the talker-listener process is necessary because most people are used to violating the rules of each role.
- Communication skills are strong interpersonal relationships, according to Schultze and Badzinski.
- Who authored the quote: “Don’t wait until you love people to act on their behalf. Act on their behalf, and you will come to love them”?
- Petersen’s Hem and Haw technique
- Petersen’s Alternate Feelings and Thoughts technique illustrates that
- Petersen recommends using a coin toss to decide who gets to talk first.
- Excessive compliments, usually motivated by self-interest, is
- Schultze and Badzinski discuss three basic attitudes toward others. Which is not one of these?
- Larry Crabb and Dan Allender suggested, “Encouragement is more than acquiring a new set of skills. It is the fruit of and compassionate, discerning sensitivity to the needs of others.”
Want to Buy Midterm?
Get Exam Done provides online professional assistance for in-state students. Our online classroom help service covers everything from assignments, discussions, and quizzes to tests We employ qualified subject matter experts to assist our students So whether you’re working on an assignment or want to take a quiz, we’ve got you covered. Our online class help work day and night on your projects and solve all the problems you face Our online course service is also affordable Get help with our online courses today and start your journey to the grades you want!