Get Solved PSYC 341 Quiz 1 Introduction to Personality
Get Solved PSYC 341 Quiz 1 Introduction to Personality
PSYC 341 Quiz 1: Introduction to Personality Theory and Freud
Module 1: Week 1
- Statements formed in an if-then framework are most likely:
- Which of the following is not a dimension used by authors to assess a theorist’s concept of humanity?
- Which of the following statements is true about a reliable test?
- If scores on an instrument that measures introversion correlate highly with a number of other measures of introversion—for example, shyness and inhibition—then that instrument is said to have:
- The term “personality” comes from the Latin word “persona,” which means:
- A test that can accurately divide extraverts from introverts is said to have:
- Which of the following statements best characterizes the relationship between a theory and a hypothesis?
- The _____ perspective argues that how one thinks about oneself and other people, as well as the assumptions one makes and the strategies one uses for solving problems, are the keys to understanding differences between people.
- Which of the following statements is true about psychodynamic theories?
- Which of the following theories emphasizes that what people think, feel, and do is always an interaction between nature and nurture?
- A theory may be set aside when it:
- The extent that a test forecasts some future behavior is referred to as:
- Part of the internal consistency of a theory is:
- focused on the importance of early childhood experience and on relationships with parents as guiding forces that shape personality development.
- assume that not only are people driven by a search for meaning but also that negative experiences such as failure, awareness of death, death of a loved one, and anxiety are part of the human condition and can foster psychological growth.
- Which of the following statements is true about personality theories?
- Which of the following statements is true about humanistic-existential theories?
- A useful theory must be falsifiable, which means that:
- A researcher uses the number of times a person smiles at others as a measure of friendliness. This is an example of the:
- A set of related assumptions that allows scientists to use logical deductive reasoning to formulate testable hypotheses is:
- Which of the following statements is true about a theory?
- A useful theory should be parsimonious, meaning that it should be.
- Which of the following terms is defined as an educated guess or prediction scientific enough for its validity to be tested through the use of the scientific method?
- The personalities, cognitive processes, developmental histories, and social experiences of personality theorists help shape their theories. The discipline that deals with these factors is called:
- Which of the following statements is true about descriptive research?
- Amy, an 18-month-old child, resorts to taking her baby sister’s bottle even though she has previously been weaned. This behavior illustrates which Freudian defense mechanism?
- In the context of psychoanalytic theory, identify a true statement about Sigmund Freud.
- Freud’s lifelong optimism and self-confidence may have stemmed from:
- Which of the following terms is defined as a defense mechanism whereby a person returns to an earlier stage to protect the ego against anxiety?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of the id?
- Which of the following was one of Freud’s personal qualities?
- According to Sigmund Freud, which of the following statements is true about castration anxiety?
- Which of the following occurs after a successful psychoanalytic treatment?
- Freud believed that the superego develops from the:
- Which of these progressions is most consistent with psychoanalytic theory?
- Which of the following areas of psychological research has recently joined to provide support for Freud’s theory of unconscious motivation?
- Which of the following is an example of Sigmund Freud’s notion of projection?
- According to Freud, a psychologically healthy person has a dominant:
- According to Sigmund Freud, which of the following is an important function of repression?
- According to Freud, the ego’s dependency on the superego results in:
- Which of the following terms refers to the strong sexual or aggressive feelings, positive or negative, that patients develop toward their analyst during the course of treatment?
- Which of the following is the most basic Freudian defense mechanism?
- Shevrin, Ghannam, and Libet recently found that the defense mechanism of _____ might have a neurophysiologic basis.
- According to Sigmund Freud, which of the following statements is true about the castration complex in girls?
- The transformation of instinctual drives into socially productive forces such as art, science, and religion is what Freud called:
- Freud believed that instincts are characterized by all of the following:
- Freud held that the pain of anxiety is most likely to result in:
- Freud saw himself primarily as a:
- Freud’s notion of the superego includes:
- Freud held that ideas in the preconscious originate from.
Want Assistance with the Quiz?
Are you looking for online exam quiz? Our take my online test experts will save you from all the stress you take to solve exams online. Our exam helper will guide you with the most accurate solution for your online exam preparations. We recommend you consult with our online exam helper to find the right direction for clearing your test. Our team has provided online exam help to many students in popular countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom, where students have received good grades. So, what are you waiting for? Take this golden opportunity to excel in your test. Chat with us today! For custom, help email us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486